Followers

Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Fun with Magnetic Polishes

Hey friends, remember me?! Sorry for no bloggy blogs lately. I just couldn't be bothered, until now, because i have what i think is quite a cool manicure to share with you! I used a whole host of different coloured magnetic polishes to create a blobby rainbow effect which i then magnetised through my top coat. Intrigued? Keep reading!




Rightyho then, I started by applying a base of a plain, fairly neutral magnetic polish: Nails Inc "Soho":


Then i blobbed a load of different coloured magnetic polishes onto a piece of make up sponge:


Which I then dabbed on to my nails:


And then, working on one nail at a time, i applied one layer of top coat and immediately used a patterned magnet (a star patterned one from a Barry M magnetic polish) to magnetise it, and repeated on all ten nails. As long as you do each nail individually - top coat then magnetise, on to the next nail top coat then magnetise, on to the next nail,  and so on - and don't dawdle, the magnet will work on the magnetic polish through the still-wet top coat! Here is the finished look:





As you can see, i had a bit of a placement/holding the magnet still FAIL on several nails but you can see where i was going with this and i still really like the outcome - it reminds me of tie-dye!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x 


8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fricking amazeballs ♡ such an awesome idea and looks super duper pretty. I might have to try this and credit you, but not expecting mine to look as beautiful as yours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracey! I'd love to see yours if/when you do have a go, i am certain they will be beautiful :) xx

      Delete
  2. Awesome, I want to try too - thinking this might make a fab base for Galaxy nails!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! You are right on the galaxy theme, i had a comment on Instagram saying how they looked like galaxies too! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh this is great, I'd never of thought it would work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was debating doing a line of magnetics, but SO many epic fails with the actual magnet I never continued. This mani looks absolutely fab though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, adding this to my list! Thanks for the how to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comments everybody! :) xx

    ReplyDelete