Followers

Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Water Marbling

Hello again, dearies! 

Today's NOTD is well out of my comfort zone in terms of techniques. I love the over-all finished look of water marbled nails, and have produced some quite satisfactory results in the past, but I'm sure you will all know where I'm coming from when I say I can not stand actually water marbling my nails. It makes such a mess, takes such a long time, is so very wasteful and and usually more miss than hit. However, with it being "Birthday Party Nails" theme week at All Things Nails, I decided to do something colourful, which also has a bit of meaning behind it. When I was young, my best friend (at the time) always used to have these amazing balloons at her birthday parties - they were just bright, colourful, wonderful creations with marbled patterns all over them, so I tried to recreate that on my nails.


Here are the end results!



Base: Opi "Alpine Snow"; marbling colours: Nails Inc "Cumberland Street", Collection "Look At Me", Barry M "Plum" Gelly Nail Paint; glitter (to blur the bubbles/messy bits): China Glaze "Fairy Dust".


As you can see, it is far from perfect, but I achieved the look I had aimed to create and I am happy with this manicure. Are you a fan of water marbling?

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


3 comments: