Followers

Thursday, 14 November 2013

Glossy vs Matte

It is surely no secret that I love matte manicures, and it would be fair to say that lots of other people do too - some of my most popular manicures recently have involved matte top coat. So with that in mind, I thought I would do a little blog post to enable you to see just how much difference a matte top coat can make to the over-all look of a manicure. Enjoy!


In all cases, the matte top coat I have used is Rimmel Lycra Pro Matte Finish Top Coat. 


Color Club "Blue-topia" & La Femme "Mix Glitter":




Nails Inc "Upper Brook Street":




Nails Inc "New York Noir" & Iconic Effect "Purple Paradise":




Nails Inc "Brompton Place" and Milani "Gems":




Nails Inc "Heddon Street":





Which do you prefer - glossy or matte nails? I love both, but I do especially enjoy seeing what a difference a matte top coat can make to certain colours!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon! :) xx



8 comments:

  1. I love how it can make some colours look almost velvet-like. I couldn't live without my matte topcoat, haha <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I also love how it makes coloured sequin glitters really stand out by banishing any reflection. Hooray for matte top coats ^_^ xx

      Delete
  2. With a topcoat the glitters look like they are moving but when matted it's as if the glitter is standing still. Does that makes sense? I love shiny nails but then again matte is just as amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes total sense and it's how I see it too - the lack of reflection makes the glitters appear frozen in time :) Thanks for your comment xx

      Delete
  3. Ohmygosh those last shades in deep red look absolutely stunning in both matte and glossy....I need that shade in my life!!!! Love it!!
    xxxxxxx

    segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like it! Thanks for your comment :) xx

    ReplyDelete