Followers

Friday, 5 July 2013

Color Club "Harp On It"

I am freaking out. Today's NOTD is just beyond amazing. Prepare yourselves, my dears - if you like holographic polish, you're in for a treat!

"Harp On It" is from Color Club's first set of "Halo Hues" holographic polishes, released in 2012. It is a silver linear holographic with a very strong rainbow effect. As would be expected, the rainbow effect is less visible in indirect light, but in those circumstances it takes on a lovely pearlescent, chrome-like silver finish. It's pretty where ever you may be and whatever the lighting is like, but in the sunlight it is mind-blowing. Application was an absolute breeze compared to other brands' holographic polishes. I used regular base coat (as I do with all of my Color Club Halo Hues) and it caused no issues. Harp On It is slightly runnier than my other halo hues so it is not as easy to control, but not troublesome in the slightest. I applied two coats, which were enough for full opacity. My pictures are without top coat, but I have since applied it and I can confirm that, while it dulls the effect initally, it soon returns and is just as eye-popping.

On to the pictures!! There are a mixture of shots in direct sunlight, with the camera flash, and one in the shade:










Do you own any of Color Club's Halo Hues, or holographic polishes in general? Which is your favourite?

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


3 comments:

  1. wow this is amazing , i love this holographic silver.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, isn't it absolutely incredible :) xx

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous! I love holo nail varnishes, I can't get enough of them! Where did you buy this lovely varnish? :)

    ReplyDelete