Followers

Sunday, 16 June 2013

Color Club "Secret Agent"...

... And more stamping with Pueen, duh!!

Let's start of with my base colour. Color Club "Secret Agent" is an absolutely divine, sumptuous, velvety purple shimmer. It is slightly frosted/pearly which gives it a great sense of depth, and there is a really beautiful, delicate pink sheen to it too. It's a vivid purple but at the same time really soft looking, and very grown-up as purples go. Formula wise, I really though I'd struggle - the first coat is thin, watery, and streaky, but a generous second coat left a perfect, flawless finish. As with most purples, it is difficult to photograph accurately - in reality it is far less blue.


Pictures show two coats, no top coat:




Originally I was going to use a gold polish for my stamping, but I decided that would overpower the prettiness of the purple and instead with a pale lilac creme - Nails Inc "England's Lane", and used an ornate, leafy. vine-like image from Pueen plate 33:



And here is a picture taken from an angle to reduce the reflection and allow the pattern to be more visible:




Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



6 comments:

  1. I love that stamping pattern - it looks perfect with this combination of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is gorgeous! that stamping is to die for! Makes me actually want shorter nails just so I can get a stamp to fit, haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Sigh*.... I'm fighting a constant battle between really missing my long nails and wanting them back but also wanting them short enough to be able to stamp! Gah!! Thank you so much though Char, thankfully the new Pueen plate images are quite big so I have a little room to grow yet ;) xx

      Delete
  3. So pretty, these colours work so well together. I keep forgetting that I mean to get some Pueen plates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd definitely recommend them :) xx

      Delete