Followers

Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Butterflies, Holographics, and Stamping, Oh My!

Hello dears. I went out for the day yesterday to the Tamar Otter and Wildlife Centre which is near where I live in Cornwall, and a jolly good old day I had too. I was too tired to blog in the evening though, so today you have a double post. Yay!




So yesterday. I started with two coats of Nails Inc "Featherstone Street", a bright candy pink with slightly blue pearly shimmer. Totally girly, totally not me, but strangely enough I totally love it, and can we just take a moment to appreciate the name? It's delightful. Two coats still left a very feint hint of VNL, but only if you're looking for it. Pictures are without top coat:





And then on my ring finger nails I added a cute little butterfly nail art sticker, from a sheet which was very kindly sent to me from Pueen to review. The sheet contains roughly 50 self-adhesive stickers. They are a variety of white and pink with iridescent glitter, and there are several different butterfly designs to choose from. Application was easy - simply peel off the desired sticker, place it on the nail and rub a few times to make sure it's stuck, and finish with top coat.




And now on to today. It's completely different than what I had planned, but the sun was shining and that can mean only one thing: HOLOS!!!!! Layla "Flash Black", to be precise. I have blogged about this polish before, but that was in January when it was pretty much dark all day and it didn't do it justice. As Flash Black is a little on the sheer side and I don't want to waste it (it's too precious), I decided to layer two coats over a black creme (Nails Inc "Black Taxi"), however the same look can be created with three coats of Flash Black and no undies. Pictures are without top coat:







And then I added some stamping (surprise surprise!), using the starry image from Pueen plate 44 that you have already seen once in the past few days and Barry M "Silver Foil Effects". Pictures again are without top coat:







Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine, it certainly is isn't it :) xx

      Delete