Followers

Friday, 17 May 2013

Colour Pop "Pistachio" & China Glaze "Glitz 'N Pieces"

Hello my dearlings, happy Friday! Before I get onto today's manicure, I just wanted to say thank you to each and every single one of you - today I reached my first big milestone of one hundred blog followers, and I am so happy. I blog first and foremost for myself, as an outlet for my hobby, a way to keep myself occupied, and to archive my manicures. To know that so many of you also enjoy reading it and come back regularly just astonishes me, and I am so thankful for that <3

Anyway, on to the nails! Colour Pop "Pistachio" is a bright but almost pastel greenish yellow creme. Formula is a bit tricky - it's streaky and a little chalky, and is fairly slow drying, but with careful application I was able to achieve opacity with two coats. I bought this from New Look last year - I believe it's their own brand, but sadly they don't seem to sell them in my local store anymore :(

Pictures show two coats, no top coat (it's very difficult to capture accurately - it's brighter and slightly more green in reality):







And then, just because I felt like it, I added a coat of China Glaze "Glitz 'N Pieces" for an edgy "graffiti" look, and finished it off with top coat:







Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x

8 comments:

  1. The green-yellow color is very interesting
    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, have a nice weekend yourself! :) xx

      Delete
  2. These two polishes look great together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a last minute decision to use them together but it worked out well :) xx

      Delete
  3. That yellow is beautiful!! and I think your nails are looking so cute at the moment Anna!! I love them long too but you definitely rock this length x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww thank you Char!! It is such a lovely shade of yellow isn't it :) And I have to say I am really happy with my nails at this length - there's plenty to paint but I can still fit a full nail stamp on them comfortably :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hiya hun!, you know i love your blog and nails, but ive done a fun kinda post and tagged you as one of my tags! ;)
    Get your thinking cap on!!
    Claire
    xx
    http://pennyforthem1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/seven-deadly-sinstag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall pop over and have a look! :) xx

      Delete