Followers

Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Models Own "Bloo Bloo"

Hello internet! I'm still trying desperately to influence the weather by wearing spring-like shades, but I think I'm fighting a losing battle - while I was painting my nails this afternoon, a snow storm with added thunder and lightning was raging outside :( But my nails defy the misery that mother nature is inflicting upon us! Models Own "Bloo Bloo" is a cool, pastel, baby-blue shade. In the bottle it has the subtlest navy shimmer, but this becomes rather lost on the nail.... It is somewhat evident that it's not simply a flat creme, but not necessarily why or how. Formula is slightly chalky and and dries lumpy, but a good top coat levels it out. It is opaque in two careful, generous coats, however I might recommend three thin coats for a smoother, more even finish.

Pictures show two coats plus base & top coat:




What do you think? Last time I wore this, I wasn't sure if liked it, but looking at it now I've no idea why - it's adorable!!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour Anna!! Sick of this weather. We can't even think summer will be here soon because if it's anything like last year we won't have one lol. Time to emigrate I think :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both :) I think you're right Charlotte, we should all move to the Maldives or somewhere, set up our own little nail polish community :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this colour but have never used it. I might need to dig it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I love model's own nail polishes. They dry quick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dunno why any of these shades (that I own) tend to be really thin and lumpy like you described. I love how this one in opaque in 2 or 3 coats. That makes it so much easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing swatches! And a good, honest review - great post :)
    Www.living-with-olivia.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everybody for your comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really pretty colour - it reminds me of a Robin's egg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right! Silly me not even thinking of that - I love birds!! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Adorable color and perfect nails!! I definitely try to channel good weather with my nails too...but considering I live in California, it looks like I'm having a little more success ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie, that's very kind! Oh I'm so envious, I bet it's a lot warmer in California than it is here right now...! xx

      Delete