Followers

Friday, 15 March 2013

China Glaze "Smoke & Ashes"

Hi lovely World, and happy Friday! Anybody got any exciting plans for the weekend? I don't.  I'd rather stay at home and paint my nails anyway! On to which, today's manicure features China Glaze "Smoke & Ashes", a beautiful polish which is sadly very camera shy! It's a black base with green and blue glass-fleck shimmer. It's really deep and mysterious, the rich black base tones down the shimmery bits so it's like you are looking at them through smoked glass - you can really see why they named it "Smoke & Ashes"! Formula is drippy, so be sure to wipe the excess polish off the stalk first, and it is a top coat eater, but other than that it's fine - extremely well pigmented and a definite one-coater, (I would always recommend you apply two coats though, I feel it provides more depth and longer wear). 

Pictures show two coats plus base & top coat:





And here is a flash-lit shot to bring out the sparkle (it really is a pain in the backside to photograph!!)


I tried my best to capture it accurately but it just was having none of it - you'll have to trust me when I say it really is a beautiful polish, if you like black and glitzy things :)

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



6 comments:

  1. Wow...all dark but glossy and sparkly, the best of everything! Looks lovely Anna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! It's even more lovely in reality :) xx

      Delete
  2. My weekend has been crazy, and got a party thing tonight :( just wanna sit in and paint my nails lol.

    I love this colour. So hard to capture the nail polish look :( camera always ruins mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww, it's so annoying when you have to go out and really don't want to! I hope you manage to have a good time though :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh now this is beautiful! haha you sound like me, I call myself an old lady at 26. Rarely out partying now :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheeee "Old Lady Char" you made me laugh with that ;) Partying is over-rated anyway. What's better than having a nice cup of tea and painting your nails of a Saturday evening? Not a whole bloody lot if you ask me ;) xx

      Delete