Followers

Wednesday, 20 March 2013

China Glaze "Re-Fresh Mint"

I have to tell you, I am SO in love with pale green cremes at the moment. Today's polish is one of two along those lines that I have acquired in the past 48 hours! China Glaze "Re-Fresh Mint", while by no means new to the polish world, is brand new to me. I'd been looking for the perfect very pale icy green creme for a long time. Having narrowed my choices down to two, I eventually went for this one (the other being Essie "Mint Candy Apple", which I turned down because I felt it was too blue and not pale enough). I am so pleased I chose this one, it is everything I was looking for - pale, green, gentle, beautiful. Formula, for a pale pastel with such a lot of white in it, is surprisingly good - a little bit runny, but otherwise easy to apply, and flawless with two coats.

Pictures show two coats, no top coat:




After I applied this, I then added a coat of Barry M "Diamond Glitter", but I just can not get a decent picture of it! It looks sooo pretty, but this is all I could manage:


As you can sort of see, "Diamond Glitter" is a mixture of different sized silver holographic glitters and it looks beautiful over pale colours like this. It's similar to OPI "Which Is Witch?" but without the tiny bar glitter.

What do you think? Do you go through phases of liking a certain colour/finish etc.?

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



10 comments:

  1. I really like this colour, it screams "Give me sunshine" xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this green! It's so beautiful, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments! It is a really lovely polish, definitely an instant favourite :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely green!

    I go through phases of liking colours - it might be seasonal but I'm really going for pale, chalky pastel colours just now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this Anna isn't it great to get the pastel spring colours out!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it really is isn't it Vanessa, even though it's blowing a houlie outside today, I do feel very spring-like, thanks to my nails :) xx

      Delete
  6. oh this one is very beautiful on your nails! and it must be a great background for stamping and nail art too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Mari! I was thinking the very same thing, it's a perfect background for nail art - I'm a little annoyed I covered it with glitter really! xx

      Delete
  7. I LOVE this polish soo much!! I love colours like this <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great green, I do love green lol

    ReplyDelete