Followers

Friday, 22 February 2013

OPI "Who The Shrek Are You?"

Suddenly blogging has become rather stressful for me. My laptop is seemingly on its last legs and so the simplest of tasks take ages and cause a lot of hassle: it's taken me the best part of an hour and a half just to watermark three photographs. I really hope it doesn't become too much of a hurdle to overcome, but if things carry on like this I may be forced to blog with less frequency, a thought which makes me very sad indeed.

Anyway, let us not dwell on that for now! Today's manicure is OPI "Who The Shrek Are You?", a bright but dirty green creme polish, what I'd call a "battery acid" colour but also, obviously, the colour of "Shrek", that lovable giant ogre. Formula was quite problematic - watery and streaky - so I have had to apply three coats for full opacity.

Pictures show three coats plus base & top coat:





The reason I chose to wear this polish today is because it is a perfect match for the newest addition to my treasured collection of mugs (a gift from someone very important in my life) - and yes, I bought the polish for that sole purpose!! Beside the fact that I love the colour, of course :)



What do you think about this colour? Is it something you would wear on your nails?

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



8 comments:

  1. Although I wouldn't wear it, the colour is fab xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can certainly understand why it's not a "one colour fits all" polish - definitely an acquired taste :) xx

      Delete
  2. sorry to hear about your laptop! :(( I hope it won't let you down because I like to read your posts - you have so many amazing nail polishes :)
    Who The Shrek Are You? is crazy, I'm not sure I'd wear it, (perhaps in summer?), but it's sure a fun nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mari, that's very kind :) Hopefully I can find out a way to sort my laptop's problems and continue blogging as often as I do currently :)

      Hehe it certainly is a crazy colour, I really love bright and strange colours like this that most people would think are horrible ;) xx

      Delete
  3. I hope your laptop is ok. I hate it when electronics start slowing down :(. This color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stania, me too! It actually seems a little better this morning, let's hope it was just having a bad few days. Pleased you like this colour - I absolutely love it :) xx

      Delete
  4. That's a great colour, bet it stands out from miles away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it certainly is a head-turner! :) xx

      Delete