Followers

Sunday, 27 January 2013

OPI "Royal Rajah Ruby" & nail art China Glaze style!

Today's manicure is one of my absolute, all-time, hands-down, undisputed favourite polishes ever!! OPI "Royal Rajah Ruby" is a blackened, vampy, lit-from-within shimmer which I would say is more garnet toned than ruby, but I guess "Royal Rajah Garnet" doesn't have quite the same OPI ring to it(!). Formula is good.... It has a slight tendency towards bald spots but is still perfect in two coats.

Picture shows two coats plus base & top coat and oh me, oh my, a daylight shot!!!




And a little extra something today. I actually did this several days ago but have only today remembered to blog it. I wore China Glaze "Rare & Radiant" the other day, and couldn't help but faff with it - I did a gradient manicure using the aforementioned "Rare & Radiant" and China Glaze "Deviantly Daring" (which can be seen on its own here).


What do you think? It's the first time I've done a "proper" gradient manicure and I was really pleased with the outcome!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


10 comments:

  1. I think the gradient is beautiful :) I like the colors you used and how smooth the transition is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! As a first attempt I'm really proud of it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love that gradient, it's absolutely gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, both so beautiful! Gorgeous gradient!
    You change your polish so often but your nails still seem really healthy. Do you use an acetone free remover? I'm always scared of ruining mine so I wait til it chips. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! For pretty much two years I've been using Sally Hansen Moisturising Remover for Dry Brittle Nails (the green one) - it has acetone in it but it is honestly pretty much the only remover I can use - (most)all others turn my nails into a peeling, flaking, painful mess. I do still get a few little peely bits where the nail is still new and soft occasionally but I just buff them out lightly and that's that! I am actually using the Nails Inc Express Remover Pot at the moment as it came wth the TSV and it works well but it's a bit gimmicky. I occasionally also use Lidl's own brand acetone free remover (if I'm expecially skint!!) but my allegiance lies with the Sally Hansen one forever :) xx

      Delete
    2. Ah thanks Anna! I love the Sally Hansen one too! maybe I'll dare to paint my nails a bit more then! :D xx

      Delete