Followers

Sunday, 20 January 2013

Collection Hot Looks "Hidden"

Collection. Used to be C2000. And before that it was Collection 2000. I remember waaay back in the eighties it was also known as Constance Carol. I wonder if one day they'll settle on a brand name? Anyway, that's not really important. This polish is from their Hot Looks 60 Seconds range, and is a slightly dusty khaki green creme named "Hidden", how very apt! Formula was great, easy to apply, fairly fast drying, and perfectly opaque in two coats.

Pictures show two coats plus base & top coat.



(Not my neatest work I'll admit, I decided to paint my nails at 10:30pm whilst whizzed up on medication. Please forgive me!)

Do you like "dirty" shades like this? I love them!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



6 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,

    great green. I have often wondered whatever happend to Constance Carol. I stated out with Avon, Maybelline (late1970s)Mary Quant and Miss Selfridge and Top Shop. Started on nails when I was 7 due to having older sisters. Its great to see that you are including all price bands in your research and its encouraging that the more affordable brands are improving their quality of polish. the quality is not as good as OPI and NI of course, but its definitely improving and the colours and pigment content are also much better. R U a beauty historian? , it looks as though you might be, like me. apparently its becoming a more popular subject - must more intersting than doing the Romans. Love the blog - have followed you from NI facebook and its good that all your features are buyable on UK high streets. Thas really important. Thanks.

    The Pink Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not a beauty historian, just have a very good long-term memory lol. It wasn't really a conscious decision to include cheaper polishes on my blog - it's just what I have in my collection. I don't discriminate against brands for their price, especially as it may be all I can afford sometimes! I'm pleased you think it's good for my blog though, and pleased to have you as a follower :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big fan of green polish but this is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I need in my nail polish collection! A cool mint tone. I would have never guessed this wasn't your best work. I think you applied it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I'm pleased you like it! You've described it perfectly with "cool mint", I've been after a shade like this for a very long time and finally found this one last week, it was very cheap too :) xx

      Delete