Followers

Thursday, 27 December 2012

Nails Inc, China Glaze, Caviar, and a Disaster!

We'll get the disaster over and done with first. I had the most clumsy day on Christmas eve and ended up breaking two nails in two separate incidents and having to file them all down to match - twice!! So my nails are now the shortest they've been for many a month and I took the opportunity to photograph them for basically my own purposes, but also to highlight how short they are (to me at least) and how stained they are. Not that I ever would leave the house with bare nails, but now I couldn't even if I wanted to - the ultimate polish addict's self-fulfilling prophecy! Don't get used to seeing them naked, by the way, this is a once-in-a-blue-moon occurrence ;)





Anyway, on to the pretties!
Today's nail of the day is Nails Inc "Southwark", an amazingly vibrant, electric royal blue jelly. I have two coats here, and as I'm not a fan of VNL I could have used a third coat for full opacity, but I couldn't be bothered.




And now for a little catch-up. The Christmas eve incident forced me to remove my festive water marbling, so I replaced it with China Glaze "Glistening Snow", two coats (very difficult to photograph).


Boxing day came and I wore one of the many nail polishes I was lucky and very thankful to receive for Christmas - Nails Inc "Cale Street", a dirty, blue-toned sage green creme which I absolutely love. Two coats here.



And to finish with, I faffed around with Cale Street by adding Ciate "Sundance" caviar pearls to my ring fingers - the perfect match!



Well there we have it, back to relative bloggy normality! Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


4 comments:

  1. I really must dig out Baker Street again! I know Southwark is quite different but I do love that electric blue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same reaction whenever I see someone else wearing either of them - there's just something about this kind of colour that sucks me right in! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Aw, stupid breaks! I lost over a cm free edge from mine, boo :( yours still look amazing.
    The ciate caviar pearls are sooo pretty! I keep meaning to try this! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid breaks are stupid!! Mine weren't quite as drastic as yours, but it's still frustrating, they were just beginning to get to the length I like them best! I love the caviar pearls, such a fun look, but I always end up spilling loads on the floor!! They bounce and have pretty much zero friction - beads everywhere, gah!! xx

      Delete